Why Does Fertility Differ Between Women?

Fertility remains relatively stable up to 30 years of age with approximately 400 pregnancies for every 1000 women not using contraception for one year. It then begins to decrease until 45 years of age when only 10% of women will conceive not using contraception.At the same time, miscarriage rates steadily increase.

Approximately 10% of women will miscarry at 20 years of age compared to 90% or more at 45 years of age or older. Half the couples not pregnant after the first year conceive in the second year leaving only 10% ‘infertile’.

Maximise Fertility Egg & Sperm Quality ?

  • Fertility, as we have seen, is influenced by many factors but the key ones are egg and sperm quality, tubal patency and the frequency of sexual intercourse.
  • The best approach to maximising one's chances is to avoid things that may have a negative effect on these factors. Lifestyle measures are increasingly being neglected but are very important.
  • Smoking, excess alcohol and recreational drug use all negatively affect sperm and egg quality and possibly not only at the time but in the long term.
  • Obesity increases infertility and miscarriage.
  • A healthy diet rich in antioxidants and an active lifestyle are musts for all couples, therefore. Women should take folic acid for at least three months before they start trying as eggs take this long to develop. The same is true for men as sperm take the same time to grow so take supplements such as zinc, selenium, and omega-3 alongside your partner.

Apple and Facebook are to offer their female employees egg freezing as part of their health and wellness benefits from January next year,(2015)

Source: Independent UK



GOE   European Association of Professional Hypnotherapists Accredited Member   NGH USA